Thursday, April 16, 2009

Whew...Let me catch my breath!

If the last CL match day did not have you excited, then you don't have a pulse. As a Chelsea fan, I was happy, then petrified, then numb and then finally happy again. As a nuetral, I am sure the match between Chelsea and Liverpool ranked with the best of them in  terms of entertainment value.
The irony of it all was that everybody including myself was anticipating a "War of Attrition" between the two teams. A game where the teams are so evenly matched, defense will dominate and a moment of brilliance/error will determine the outcome. This game had both, multiple times and in the end Chelsea advanced to the semi-final of the Uefa Champions League.
In the other "main event", a game that I definitely expected to be more open, one moment of absolute brilliance by Cristiano Ronaldo decided the result and Manchester United marched on.
However, there is no rest for the weary. Both players and fans alike will embark on another "rollercoaster" of emotions as the three English, Champions League semi-finalists, gear up again this weekend for the FA-CUP semi-finals. If this week was anything to go by, I need to invest in an oxygen tank. Clearly, this is more than just a game, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE.

Cheers,
Deon

No comments:

Post a Comment